Widget resources, widgets for download, tutorials and more at widgipedia.com
Popular Tags:

action adventure alfanet apple arcade blog blogs business cars clock dashboard drive flash free fun game games garageband idvd ilife imovie iphoto islam iweb kpop mac macwidgets mario music news platform play puzzle search searchfree shoot sports strategy thedashboard trucks tvwidgets websearch widget widgetindex widgettv
The Widgipedia Forum : Widget Development
Discussions about widget technologies, platforms, news, ideas - the place that can shape the future of the widgets.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
November 17, 2010 09:20AM

messagetrying to drag an image in the horizontal pane
Hello, my first post.

I have a new widget and I want to click on a visual element (a hand-made slider) and then slide it only in the horizontal plane within two boundaries.

I have used onMouseDown and system.event.hOffset to move it and that has been successful to a certain extent. However, it only moves the slider at the point at which the mouse button is depressed. It won't keep on dragging. I want to be able to keep dragging the slider according to the current mouse position with the mouse button pressed - a normal drag. I have found the yahoo documentation obscure and confusing and I'm looking ofr help only after a lot of digging.

I am using the current version of Yahoo widgets. I have no sample code as I just deleted the whole function after giving up... the XML is simply:

<image>
<name>sliderSet</name>
<src>Resources/sliderSet.png</src>
<hOffset>35</hOffset>
<vOffset>147</vOffset>
<onMultiClick> <![CDATA[
<onMouseDown> <![CDATA[
slidermove();
// ]]> </onMouseDown>
</image>

I believe the code to do this very simple I am just completely unacquainted with Javascript syntax and really need your help!

FYI - an image of the widget is here in an earlier form, at least you can see the slider
http://lightquick.co.uk/images/mmsblog/mmsblog_00044_01.png

An early version of the widget can be seen here:
feel free to try a download - it does not do much

Adrian Citu
(IP Logged)
November 17, 2010 10:03AM

messageRe: trying to drag an image in the horizontal pane
Hey, welcome!

I didn't look too careful, but at the first glance I'd say that you need to execute the slidermove() function also on the onMouseMove event, not just on the drag - e.g. something like this:

<onMouseDown> <![CDATA[
dragEnabled = 1;
// ]]> </onMouseDown>

<onMouseMove> <![CDATA[
if (dragEnabled) {slidermove(); }
// ]]> </onMouseMove>

<onMouseUp> <![CDATA[
dragEnabled = 0;
// ]]> </onMouseUp>

Hope that helps! thumbs down

November 17, 2010 02:56PM

Adrian, you are a good man! Firstly for replying so quickly and secondly for giving me the exact fix I required. I am implementing it now. Give me a while and I might even be an expert myself - one day perhaps! What did you think of the SteamPunk widget?

Adrian Citu
(IP Logged)
November 18, 2010 01:52AM

smileys with beer Love the SteamPunk, looks gorgeous!

hardpintoo
(IP Logged)
February 27, 2011 10:23PM

Working with Effect Presets in Adobe Premiere Elements

To make using and modifying video effects easier, Premiere Elements comes with a collection of effect presets. Each preset is a collection of settings that perform common tasks like panning across a still image or creating a picture-in-picture (PiP) effect. Rather than spending minutes or even hours fine-tuning motion controls, keyframes, and other effect settings, you just drop a preset onto the clip, thereby applying a raft of predetermined settings instantly. These presets are incredible timesaving tools even veteran video professionals could appreciate.

Using a preset is easy. Simply drag and drop a preset from the Effects window to a video clip, just as you would with any other effect. All settings related to the preset are applied to the clip; however, you can always fine-tune the settings if you wish.

Read more: [www.dummies.com]

Amazing pictures

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Check out our sister site Dealio for Cyber Monday Deals and Nordstrom Coupons.
This forum powered by Phorum.